We are quickly approaching Reformation Day, Oct 27, 2014.
For those who began our "Read the Bible in a Year" challenge on Reformation 2013, this date will mark the official target. For those who began the "Read the New Testament in 88 Days" when we hit August , this date again will mark the official target.
So, how's your journey been??
I must say, personally, I have enjoyed the New Testament immensely. Like many of you, I imagine, the New Testament scriptures and stories are most familiar to me. The verses I have memorized thru the years in words from the old King James Version, the NRSV, and the NIV still ring solidly and I treasure them. But I have enjoyed the Message Version this time, much more than I thought I would.
I chose to listen to most of the readings on a CD set I purchased and have been playing in my car as I travel each day. And,. . . after Pastor Wray's introduction to the Gospels & Acts at that Connection Point, I was quickly noticing which of the Gospels had the details of the various stories of Jesus that are in my head (and heart) -- and what new - unfamiliar details were included. I would love to go back now, when we are completely finished and do a "synoptic" study of the four gospels together.
Then, when Romans began, I felt like Paul was talking directly to me -- to us. It has been a very rewarding journey for me.
On Sunday, Oct 27, we will be acknowledging those who have completed either the entire Bible or the New Testament. I will have coins for both circumstances to complete the set. BUT I need to know who is on target so I am sure to have enough coins!!
Please send me an email - janlocascio@earthlink.net
-ASAP to let me know just that.
Are you on target to complete
the entire Bible by Oct 27?
The New Testament?
Can't wait to hear from you all!!
blessings and peace,
jan<><
No comments:
Post a Comment